Sunday, October 10, 2010

Friday...Surfing with the Hawaiian Fire School





While in Oahu....well you know the rest. So what is Hawaii famous for??? besides the beautiful coast line? Yes your right the birth place of surfing...so we had to try it!!! I was a little apprehensive at first because the water was so rough and the waves were pretty big (from my point of view) The school is taught by off duty firemen so that in itself is enough reason to learn to surf. I was the first one in the water (not by my choice) and I paddled like a crazy person to get out into the surf!!!lol I don't know if it was fear or excitement that was driving me but either way the adrenaline was pumping!! My goal for the day was to stand up on the board at least one time....well I done better than that...I stood up almost every time however my ride was short lived. I think about 20 seconds was my longest ride. But it is so much fun and I am ready to go back and get to be a amateur at this!!lol

No comments:

Post a Comment