Sunday, October 10, 2010

Para Gliding






Today I went para gliding with Jorge. He is a darling guy from Venezuela. He has a masters degree in engineering and said he got tired of the office and a 9-5 and gave it up to do this for a living. His wife is a vulcanologist and they have lived on the island for 11 years. I think that is such a neat story to follow your dream.. Para gliding is such a neat experience. We hiked half way up a mountain to the take off point. Jorge gave me instructions stating...the wind will catch the sail and pull us about 3 steps backwards, when this happens I will tell you to run and you run as hard as you can off the mountain....now don't worry you will not fall, you will be flying before you know it! and he was absolutely right, I ran about 3 steps and we were in the air. He flew me to about 2000 feet and it was an amazing view. I could see the island of Maui from this height. At the end of the ride he asked if I was up to doing some tricks....well, of course....he evidently didn't know who he was talking to!!!lol He asked me to lean from right to left then to stay left and we spiraled down toward the ocean at an incredible speed, of course he pulled us out of it and would go back up for another ride. So much fun. The flight was about an hour long and worth every penny of it....I posted some pics from my point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment